top of page
  • AUP Students' Union

Christmas Out of Office Information

The Student Union Team are out of office over the Christmas period, from December 17th until January 4th, and will not be checking emails during this time.

Please note that all staff members are out of office from December 24th (at the latest) to January 4th (at the earliest), so you may not get a response during this time. Some staff may have longer time off booked, so please be patient in waiting for a reply.

In our absence, please find information and support listed below.

Emergency and Non-Emergency Numbers

In an emergency, please dial 999. If you are unsure if it is an emergency, call the police non-emergency line on 101 or NHS 111 for medical advice. You can also contact Devon and Cornwall Police via their webchat service, or report certain crimes via their website. For power-related issues, such as damage to power lines or power cuts, call 105.

If you are emailing with questions about COVID-19, testing or test results, or anything else COVID-19 related, please contact the Health Team at This inbox will be monitored sporadically during the Christmas break.

Mental Health Support

Information about the wellbeing, mental health and disability support that Plymouth College of Art offers students can be found on the Student Portal here, and email them directly at

If you are in crisis, anxious or stressed, please text the free, confidential, 24/7 Shout support line at 85258. You can also call Livewell South West; this is available 24/7 for anyone experiencing a mental health crisis, just call us on 0800 923 9323. Alternatively, join the Togetherall community or find support from Student Space.

Food Banks and Financial Support

Access to the Student Union Food Bank can be requested via Alternatively, there are lots of food banks and food parcel services across Plymouth for those struggling financially or isolating with COVID-19; some of these require referrals or food stamps but many can be accessed without. You can find a list of these here.

The Registry Team manages FE and HE Bursaries and the HE Hardship Fund. You can find information about these on the Student Portal here, and contact them directly on or

Accommodation Issues

If you are experiencing issues with your housing, please contact your landlord or agency in the first instance.

If you have serious issues, such as those that are affecting your mental or physical health, you should report these instantly. If you are still having problems, or your landlord/agency are not fixing these, you can report this to Plymouth City Council.

You can also find advice or guidance through Citizens Advice Plymouth or Shelter Plymouth. The College and Students’ Union are not able to provide legal advice or a guarantor service for private accommodation.

During opening hours, you can contact the Enquiries Team with any other queries by calling them on 01752 203434 or emailing

19 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page