top of page
  • AUP Students' Union

Festive Break Out of Office Information

Updated: Dec 16, 2022

The Student Union Team are out of office over the festive period, from December 16th until January 9th, and will not available during these dates. Whilst staff are on holiday, they will not be checking emails and the normal support and services that the Students' Union offers will not be accessible.

Please note that all staff members at Arts University Plymouth may be out of office for various periods over this break, so you may not get a response during this time. Please be patient in waiting for a reply during the festive period.

Enjoy your festive break, however you might be celebrating. We will see you upon our return. In our absence, please find information and support listed below.

Emergency and Non-Emergency Numbers In an emergency, please dial 999. If you are unsure if it is an emergency, call the police non-emergency line on 101 or NHS 111 for medical advice. You can also contact Devon and Cornwall Police via their webchat service, or report certain crimes via their website. For power-related issues, such as damage to power lines or power cuts, call 105. Mental Health Support Information about the wellbeing, mental health and disability support that Arts University Plymouth offers students can be found on the Student Portal here, and email them directly at If you are in crisis, anxious or stressed, please text the free, confidential, 24/7 Shout support line at 85258. You can also call Livewell South West; this is available 24/7 for anyone experiencing a mental health crisis, just call us on 0800 923 9323.

Alternatively, find support from Student Space. Food Banks and Financial Support Between the 19th and 23rd December, there will be access to the Student Union Food Bank for one hour every morning 10:00 - 11:00 (Monday to Friday) and every afternoon 14:00 - 15:00 (Monday to Thursday) to allow students to access this support. There will be no access on the afternoon of Friday 23rd. If you need to access the Student Union Food Bank during the first week of January, please ask at Reception and the stewards can arrange a time to let you in.

Alternatively, there are lots of food banks and food parcel services across Plymouth for those struggling financially; some of these require referrals or food stamps but many can be accessed without. You can find a list of these here. The Registry Team manages FE and HE Bursaries and the HE Hardship Fund. You can find information about these on the Student Portal here, and contact them directly on or Accommodation Issues If you are experiencing issues with your housing, please contact your landlord or agency in the first instance. If you have serious issues, such as those that are affecting your mental or physical health, you should report these instantly. If you are still having problems, or your landlord/agency are not fixing these, you can report this to Plymouth City Council. You can also find advice or guidance through Citizens Advice Plymouth or Shelter Plymouth. The University and Students’ Union are currently not able to provide legal advice or a guarantor service for private accommodation.

During opening hours, you can contact the Enquiries Team with any other queries by calling them on 01752 203434 or emailing

21 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page