top of page
  • AUP Students' Union

Festive Break Out of Office Information

The Student Union Team are out of office over the festive period, from December 15th until January 8th, and will not available during these dates. Whilst staff are on holiday, they will not be checking emails and the normal support and services that the Students' Union offers will not be accessible.

Please note that all staff members at Arts University Plymouth may be out of office for various periods over this break, so you may not get a response during this time. Please be patient in waiting for a reply during the festive period.

Enjoy your festive break, however you might be celebrating. We will see you upon our return. In our absence, please find information and support listed below.

Emergency and Non-Emergency Numbers

In an emergency, please dial 999. If you are unsure if it is an emergency, call the police non-emergency line on 101 or NHS 111 for medical advice. You can also contact Devon and Cornwall Police via their webchat service, or report certain crimes via their website. For power-related issues, such as damage to power lines or power cuts, call 105.

Mental Health Support

Information about the wellbeing, mental health and disability support that Arts University Plymouth offers students can be found on the Student Portal here, and email them directly at If you are in crisis, anxious or stressed, please text the free, confidential, 24/7 Shout support line at 85258. You can also call Livewell South West; this is available 24/7 for anyone experiencing a mental health crisis, just call us on 0800 923 9323.

Alternatively, find support from Student Space.

Food Banks and Financial Support

Whilst we are not open, there are lots of food banks and food parcel services across Plymouth for those struggling financially; some of these require referrals or food stamps but many can be accessed without. You can find a list of these here. The Registry Team manages FE and HE Bursaries and the HE Hardship Fund. You can find information about these on the Student Portal here, and contact them directly on

Accommodation Issues

If you are experiencing issues with your housing, please contact your landlord or agency in the first instance. If you have serious issues, such as those that are affecting your mental or physical health, you should report these instantly. If you are still having problems, or your landlord/agency are not fixing these, you can report this to Plymouth City Council. You can also find advice or guidance through Citizens Advice Plymouth or Shelter Plymouth. The University and Students’ Union are currently not able to provide legal advice or a guarantor service for private accommodation.

During opening hours, you can contact the Enquiries Team with any other queries by calling them on 01752 203434 or emailing


Recent Posts

See All


Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page